Thursday, April 24, 2008

Surprise in the sun

Today I am off work. How surprising you might say. Well my company I work for is owned by Armenians. That is a country bordering Turkey. (If you did not know, I had to look it up.) It turns out that today is the annual recognition of the Genocide. So here I am. This day started out great. I got up and did the bills then went for a run. The weather here is so wonderful. I started off on my 3 mile run at a leisurely place. I then decided to pick it up a little. By the time I was done I had run a pretty good pace. Surprise number 1. Then my wife, offspring #2 and I went to lunch. Great lunch by the way. So we leave the restaurant and two turns later I get pulled over by a cop. He informs me that I slowly rolled thru a stop sign. I say hog wash. My wife and I sat there in astonishment. We think he was having a slow day. Now I know that they are doing there job but I am now paying a fee that is like going 120 mph in a 25 mph zone.
Surprise number 2. Then my offspring #1 comes home from school acting as if his throat is going to break. Surprise #3. I say Three strikes and we are done for the day. I might as well as go to bed. Tomorrow has got to be better. If this is how the Genocide day goes I will just work next year.

The Flying Pig Half is just a week and three days away. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I love this weekend every year. It is our chance to get away from the kids for just one night and enjoy a somewhat care free evening.


Love running and everything about it.

Later.

1 comment:

dmyii said...

What's up buddy?
Those Armenians are pretty cool. They say things like: "Inchbesas, suckas, I see your nun-nun when you are wearing only vadigs."