Saturday, April 19, 2008

Review of the Columbus Marathon

When i decided to run the marathon it was because a friend of mine had decided to run. I was on the fence and they pushed me over the top. Now I have to say that this friend stomped me. It was wonderful training with somebody and we hope to do it again in the future. When getting to Columbus Ohio we stayed at the Hyatt Regency Hotel. The runners expo was also located there. (This was convienent) We checked into the Hotel and proceeded to the expo. I picked up my runners packet and all the free goodies. We then walked to Short North and ate at Marchella's. It was a wonderful italian restuarant. The appearance inside the place was cool. After finishing our meal my family and I went back to the hotel. We settled in and watched a movie. The next morning I was up early and thought I had everything ready. It figures I had forgot my outside running shirt. So after getting all ready I went downstairs and cut the arms off on of the T-shirts I had. Then I headed out to the race. The course was wonderful. You get to run through downtown, Bexley, Back downtown, through Short North, around the burbs and then finally back through Ohio State. The support was enourmous. There were lots of aid stations and lots of cheering fans.

I finished with a time of 4 hrs. 27 min. and 27 sec.

Rating: (1-10 with 10 being the best.)

Race course-9.5
Aid and entertainment-9
Location-9
Fun-8

I would recommend this to anyone. It was reasonably flat.

No comments: