Saturday, April 19, 2008

Review of my Indy Half marathon

The first race of the year was the Indy Mini Marathon. This race course took you from downtown Indianapolis to the race track and back. For the most part the race was boring and flat. I loved being on the race track. You get to run one complete lap around the track and it was a dream come true. I have attended the Indy 500 and other races for over 25 years. We stayed in a private hotel in goverment circle. We really enjoyed the downtown life. We ate at a couple of restaurants and even ate outside on the patio. The 30,000 people made it almost one of the coolest sites I have ever seen. To look across that many people it truly amazing. I finished with a time of around 1hr. 59 min. This is not my best time but for the weather conditions and course it will just have to do.

Rating: (1-10 with 10 being the best.)

Race Course-7.5
Aid stations and Entertainment-6
Location-9.5
Fun-9

No comments: