Monday, April 21, 2008

Last long run of the training

You know, when you get up for a run in the morning and say to yourself I know this run is going to be bad. It is not going to go well. First thing is that I almost turned over and went back to sleep. So I say to myself that I need to get up. I make myself get up and start getting ready. I realize that I am still a little sore from my week. Bad sign number 1! Next I start running and it seems to be more tiring more quickly than normal. Sign number 2! For some reason I was sweating more than normal. Sign number 3! (Not Hot) So I got 6.5 miles out and turned around. At around 5 miles left and the next 1.5 miles straight up hill I realize that my body is starting to move down below.(If you know what I mean.) Sign number 4. When it starts to become uncomfortable I decide to walk a little. The uncomfortable feeling goes away so I start back up. Sign number 5! With me walking breeds more walking. So for the next few miles I have to walk a little every mile. I ended up with a horrible time and a bad feeling. This was my last long run before the race in two weeks and It was supposed to go well. But in my experience you have to have one horrible run during the training period. This just happened to be it. 1.5 weeks of taper and I am there.

I always make myself feel better after a bad hard run by telling myself - a bad mile is still a good mile. They still help my training.

So I must follow my own advice and say.

Love running and everything about it.

Later.

No comments: