Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Time flies by

Just like my title says, I think time speeds up as you get older. I got to thinking and realized it had been a while. SO here I am. Life is crazy. Everyone I know seems to be in turmoil. They are all long stories and will not go into it.

Last week I think I might have broke free from my exercise slump. I have worked out at least 3 or 4 days in the last week and a half. It was either the bike or the Eliptical. If you have ever heard Bill Cosby's skit about the jungle gyms you know what I mean. All the new gadgets will kill you. That darn eliptical is out to hurt at least 1 out of 10 people. I think it has to meet it's quota. No really the thing is fine it's just that you get into a good rythm and then all of a sudden you are not there anymore. I feel like I am on a bucking bronco. I can only imagine what the people behind me are thinking. (newbie) The last two workouts were 50 min. and 1 hour. My knee started popping during the 1 hr. session. I think it is because of the tight muscle groups. It feels good to sweat a little. Who am I kidding I sweat like I am in the ocean. You might as well call me a whale I am so wet. OK whale is not the right size but still. I feel sorry for the people around me. They are probably thinking who turned on the sprinkler.

I have also tried to start watching my calorie counts again. This should help with the weight. The more I lose the better for my ankle.

The ankle report: It seems to be getting better slowly. I am waking up in the morning with less stiffness. But I am still not able to run. I am however doing my strengthening exercises and the eliptical. I am trying to keep my upper leg muscles and my cardio in good order.

On better news vacation, vacation, vacation. Isn't that a great word. My friend is going on vacation and it makes me dream of the vacation to come. SOON. Chicago here I come.

No comments: