Thursday, November 6, 2008

the great ride

Well I have accomplished what seemed to be a mini milestone. That is not to say that 50 miles is mini. My legs were saying let me rest and my butt was screaming for one of those nice cushy bike seats. It only took me 2:52 and 29 seconds. You don't realize how far that is until you ride it. In a car it somehow seems shorter. I started from woodman and airway down to 35 and out past yellow springs. I am not sure at this point if I will go further until the spring. We shall see. It was so good for my long distance spirit. I finally felt like I was training again.

Now I am trying to get myself to sign up for the turkey trot. It is five miles but the most I have run in 5 to 6 months is 2.5 miles in a row. It is the 30th anniversary and I want to be apart of that. This would make 5 years in a row. I may just have to walk some. That is if I ignore my competitive spirit.

The leg is feeling better. I think I have ghost pains and I am constantly thinking about it.

Now on to survivor.

Later.

No comments: