Tuesday, November 11, 2008

feeling manly

This weekend I had to tear down a 15 year old cedar shed with the hopes of putting it back together. With in about 2.5 hrs later we had piled the pieces on top of each other. The next day I got up and rented a uhaul truck. That was an adventure in itself. When I got to the old location I started loading the truck. 10 minutes later someone else showed up and we loaded some more. Then 45 minutes later the last person shows up. We then shimmy the last and the heaviest, did I say largest piece in the truck. Off we go to the new location. That same day we put all the big pieces. It made for a really long day. The next day I went to work and when I got off I spent the next four hours finishing the trim, doors, and hanging the cabinet. Then I moved onto the top. I finished removing the old shingles and pulled all the staples. I then laid down a new layer of tar paper. It is now waiting for the owner to shingle the roof. I have to say that with my tool bet around my waist, I did feel manly. There is something about swinging a hammer that gets your juices flowing.
Just scrapes and bruises to report. Plus I am pretty sore.

No comments: