Friday, August 15, 2008

Sometimes I wonder

Do you ever wonder what other parents are thinking. I have that moment just about everyday. Yesterday I had a little flat out lie to me. My son and his friend were at our house and he asked if he could go over there. I told his friend to call his mom to see if it was ok. He took the phone and stepped outside to call. No biggie right?
A few moments later he comes back in and says "she said it is ok". So off they go.
A few moments later his mom calls and says it is ok to come over. I inform her that her son already told me he talked to her. With little suprise she says "Oh that strange". Now if that was me I would have sent my friends son home and would have promptly dealt with the situation. Not her. I am tending to think she did not do anything. THAT MAKES ME MAD!!!!!!! So when my son comes home he has his friend it toe. I promptly tell them that they have to go home but before he does I inform him that I know the truth. He tried to give me his famous pouty face. It must work on his mom but not me. I will watch this kid like a hawk. Once you have broken my trust it is really hard to regain it. I tend to hold a grudge. Plus I have always known he is one of those sneaky kids.
Example. When our kids where a few years younger he came over. All he did was play my sons gameboy. Finally I made him get off. Then he informed me that he was grounded from his at home. So essentially he only came over to play the gameboy not play. Needless to say he did not come over for a long time.

This generation is going down the tubes but I must have hope. I will give him a second chance in a few days. He is one of those kids that we hope to instill manners and good behavor because I am not sure he gets it at home.

Later.

No comments: